Student ID is required for all Media Center transactions.
Checking Out Books/Materials
- Regular library materials can be checked out for a maximum of two weeks. Materials can be renewed twice.
- Students are allowed to check out a maximum of two books at a time. These books should be returned on or before the due date.
- Students are allowed to checkout reference materials for overnight use. These materials must be returned the next school day no later than 7:30 a.m. A fine of $1 per day is imposed for all overdue reference materials.
- Students who have delinquent accounts; i.e., overdue books, past due fines, etc., will not be able to check out additional materials until the debt has been satisfed.
Overdue and Fines
- Overdue materials will be assessed ten cents ($0.10) each day that materials are not returned to the Library.
- If a student is absent on the date that materials are due, no fine will be charged providing the students meet the following criteria: (a) return materials upon returning to school; and (b) provide an official excused absence note.
- Students must pay in full the cost of all lost or damaged materials.
- Students are welcome to visit the Media Center without a hall pass before school or after school and during lunch.
- During instructional time, each student must have an official yellow pass that has been completed in its entirety and signed by his/her teacher for that class period.
- Students must sign in at the Circulation Desk upon entering the Media Center.
Computer Use Policies
Miami-Dade County Public Schools Internet Acceptable Use Policy is in effect at Miami Northwestern Senior High School. Copies of the Acceptable Use Policy are available in the Media Center.
- The computers that are available in the Media Center are to be utilized for enhancing educational opportunities for students. It is the students’ responsibility to take care of these valuable resources.
- Students are encouraged to use the computers in the Media Center for school assignments and personal research (educational). Games, chat rooms, instant messaging, etc. are not permitted.
- Students who use the computers for anything other than performing school assignments or personal research (educational) will be asked to leave the Media Center.
- Students must check-in at the Circulation Desk to get permission to use the computers.
- Printers are available for printing school related assignments for $0.05 per page.