Field Trip Forms
In accordance with School Board Policy 2340 field trips should supplement and enrich classroom procedures by providing
learning experiences in an environment outside the schools, arouse new interests among students, help students relate school experiences to the reality of the world outside of school, bring the resources of the community - natural, artistic, industrial, commercial, governmental, educational - within the student's learning experience, and afford students the opportunity to study real things and real processes in their actual environment.
- A school-sponsored field trip is recognized as one that 1) meets the criteria specified in School Board Policy 2340; 2) is properly authorized by the school principal, other Miami-Dade County Public Schools administrator, and/or the School Board, as applicable; and 3) generally transpires during the course of the regular school year.
- Trips should be planned so that students are not absent from school. In the event this is not possible, absences shall be limited to the least number of school days possible.
- Only the sponsor, chaperones, support staff (i.e., interpreters for deaf and hard of hearing, one to one para, nurse) and students on the field trip roster may participate in a field trip. No other persons may travel with the group or participate in the field trip.
- Additional personnel such as a one to one Para, Nurse, Interpreter for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing are not to be counted as chaperones; however, they are responsible for supervising the student to which they are assigned.
- Provisions must be made for the proper supervision of students by school employees. Volunteers are permitted to assist in such supervision as long as they have been cleared by the M-DCPS School Volunteer Program at Level I or Level II as appropriate for the trip.
- All chaperones must be at least 21 years of age and cleared as school volunteers at the level appropriate for the trip. (See Chaperone/Volunteer information for details.)
- The adult/student ratio shall be a minimum of 1:15 or less.
- If a student group has members of each sex then chaperones of each sex should accompany the group.
- Guidelines established by travel agencies for issuing scholarships to students and gratuitous tickets to parent chaperones for approved field trips must be strictly adhered to by the sponsor, principal, and Region staff.
Click on below links to view Forms:
- Central Region Field Trip Check list 2018-2019.pdf
- Field Trip Handbook.pdf
- Fieldtrip Request Packet 2018.pdf
- MNW Field Trip Cover Sheet.doc
- Out of County Emergency Contact Form.pdf
- Professional Duty Request.pdf
- Request to Use Private Transportation.pdf
- Travel Expense Report.pdf
- Water Related Packet 2018.pdf